Large companies will get Bigger or Perceived Bigger through Teaming
Companies are buying companies or merging with other companies and teaming to increase their market share. The following are some of the more recent.
- Pfizer, Glaxo to Create Over-the-Counter Giant
- Walgreens Teams With Microsoft as Both Wrestle Amazon Threats
- Walgreens is Big Winner at Auction for Shopko’s Pharmacy Assets
- Bristol-Myers to Buy Celgene in $74 Billion Bet on Cancer Drugs
We will see more companies have financial issues
Sure there will be news stating all is good, yet many of these of companies will not be able to turn this downhill movement around. In a sense, it is like a ship taking in water while the pumps are pumping water out; however, the water coming in is greater than what can be pumped out.
Some companies that have already been taking in water are: Payless Shoes, Penny’s; General Electric (GE) (is burning through their cash at a phenomenal rate); Sprint; and many others.
- Payless Shoes is closing all its 2,100 US stores
- Retail Alert 80 more Sears and Kmart stores are closing soon
- J.C. Penney Struggles to Avoid a Fate Worse Than the Sears Scenario
- GE Cites Progress Toward Turnaround After Tough Year
- Sprint posts loss as it awaits a T-Mobile lifeline
Apple will continue to grow in a number of different areas
One such area is the Medical Field. Today they have the Apple Watch that is useful for Fall Detection and has an Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG) capability.
Wow! What a way to give others peace of mind, save lives and be made aware of health issues before it is too late.
I can see a number of uses by families and possibly employers.
- The latest update, Watch OS 5.1.2, rolled out two new heart features that could help warn users of life-threatening conditions
- Apple Watch to be used in stroke prevention research
- Apple is Planning 3-D Cameras for New iPhones in AR Push (just maybe helpful for remote and emergency medical assistance)
- Apple Watch alerts emergency services after Norwegian man falls in bathroom
- Apple’s Executive Shake-Up Prepares for Life After iPhone
It will be more difficult to know what is reality
We expect to see some of this within politics, yet there have been some journalist adjusting their stories to make them sound better.
Then you have AT&T sending descriptions across cell phones telling the user that they are on 5G when they are not.
This is particularly sad that fewer and fewer companies are informing us of what is real and what is not.
- Beware the 5G Hype: Wireless Rivals Fuel Confusion
- How the News Became Fake
- Apple iPhones are now showing AT&T’s fake ‘5G E’ network too
Most would say, this is just business and the way things have worked for years and I am not disagreeing.
The key is to see the trends of what is occurring around us.
- Companies will continue to get Bigger. The normal result initially is lower cost to customers with the end result being higher cost and poor customer service.
- Don’t be surprised when you hear of another big company having financial problems. Most of these issues are kept from getting outside a company because of the many other issues it would cause within the economy.
- Apple is on target for tremendous growth in the medical arena that will help all of us in some way with family members that have health issues.
- It saddens me that we are having a harder and harder time finding information that is not on the outer fringes of being accurate. We will have to search harder to find what is not hype. This vetting takes lots more time when buying products or services.
THAT’S THE POINT
My name is Larry Treas and I am CEO and Head of New Thinking at Dagger. I have 35 years of witnessing the madness that blows through companies around the world, and it’s a foul breeze. I created the Dagger Guild to forge peer discussions, mentoring sessions, and specific information pipeline deliverables to address, solve and alleviate the standard issue nothingness you go through daily. Dagger has no allegiance, no affiliation, and no ties to carriers, vendors, advertisers or telecom marketers of any kind. As a result, our advice is both untethered and unbiased.
You can see from my CV/resume my track record and years of experience. The Dagger Guild is my dream built upon the belief that together, we will create the next generation of heroes.